DIY Repairs - Worth the wait?

Talk about mobile tech, latest phones, rumours, leaks, ask for assistance or help others.
Cernodile
Owner of cernodile.com
DIY Repairs - Worth the wait?

Post by Cernodile » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:56 am

In the modern world, where each phone gets made more fragile (looking at you Apple), we're bound to break our phones in one way or another. A lot of people who break their phones don't even think about repairing their phone theirselves and take it to their local repair shop. They have to wait a week or two usually, and cash out over half the phone price.

However, if you bought the replacement parts with toolkit provided, it'd be way much cheaper... unless you get express shipping, which increases price quite a lot. It can take month or two for your parts to come, in the cost of getting stuff done cheaper without handing your data over to a third-party shop.

What do you think, is the time and money worth the wait compared to your local repairs shop who probably gets their parts via express shipping or bulk purchases?
Never giving up is the key to success...

oHKonDee
Freshman
Re: DIY Repairs - Worth the wait?

Post by oHKonDee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:54 am

I do think that repairing phones yourself is more cheaper and better. Also, if I quite like doing it, depends on the phone tho. Same goes for PC building, it's fun! If you want to take your phone to a repair shop, I would just buy a new phone.